Gunville Foam Cutters & Foam Blocks - Starter Kit
- Calculated at Checkout
Gunville Foam Cutters & Foam Blocks - Starter Kit.
- 6 x Gunville Foam Cutters (2.8, 3.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 & 9.0mm)
- 10 x Upavon HD foam blocks (in colours shown)
Cutting your own foam saves money and ensures you get the colour, size, quality of foam and cut you desire. Meaning that the proportion of foam on a given fly is matched for perfect presentation. These cutters are machined from high grade stainless steel bar and manufactured in the UK, which means they are stronger and more reliable than telescopic rods or equivalents. The cutters are pre-sharpened and built to last, please see our instructions and videos for more details on how to care for your cutters.
They measure 57mm long and have a cutting depth of 45mm.
- 2.8mm or 1/10" - Perfect for detached bodies: Daddies, Ants, Mayfly, Hawthorns and Hoppers.
- 3.5mm or 9/64” - Can be used for larger bodies, small booby eyes, suspenders and emergers.
- 5.0mm or 3/16” - Great for booby eyes, beetles and FABs.
- 6.0mm or 15/64" - Great for booby eyes and FABs.
- 7.0mm or 9/32” - Excellent size for poppers, large booby eyes and small indicators.
- 9.0mm or 1/28" - Perfect for larger flies such as poppers, snakes and bungs/large indicators.
This kit includes a set of 10 high density, closed cell, plastazote blocks, available in all of the most popular colours as shown. They measure L 15cm (~6") x W 7.5cm (~3") x D 2.5cm (~1")
This high quality material is ~30% higher density than than industry equivalents and is manufactured in Europe. It has been specifically selected to provide the best balance between robustness and buoyancy, ensuring that the foam lasts the session without compromising performance.
Tips for use
For best results use a drill on a fast setting and cut through the foam very slowly. Use a 25% detergent, 75% water lubricant to provide a smoother cut and reduce friction. The large cutter can also be used by hand, but performance is reduced. The cutters come pre sharpened, so try and drill on to a soft surface such as rubber, card or foam to keep the cutter sharp - they can be re-sharpened if required. Use a bodkin or needle to gentle remove the foam without damaging it. Please let us know if you have any questions.