Veniard Squirrel Skin Piece
- Calculated at Checkout
The Veniard Squirrel Skin Piece is a piece of body fur from a squirrel and is of amazing quality, ideal for tying trout flies.
This fur piece has lots of guard hairs which give a desirable coarse and spiky effect. The fur is mainly used for bodies and thorax on nymphs or dry flies. You can also mix it with hare's ear dubbing to add more spiky fibres in your pattern. The hairs can also be used as a dubbing material and can also be used in a dubbing loop to create a false hackle.
- two variants - Fox and Grey squirrel
- approx 4cm x 4cm patch
- amazing quality
- lots of spiky, guard hairs
- ideal for nymph patterns where extra bugginess is desired
- commonly used as dubbing material
- can also be used in a dubbing loop to create a false hackle.